RMS News & Tweets
Canvas: - zebras.instructure.com
RMS PARENT INFORMATION FOR 2022/2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- • Set up a parent observer account
o You need your student’s log-in information and a pairing code.
This link will explain how to get a pairing code.
- • There is also a parent app (details can be found at rms.zebras.net)
- • One location to stay informed about your students’ progress!
o Canvas will be utilized for grades, assignments, etc.
o Grades will be updated weekly by each teacher at a minimum!
- • Parents may register their child(ren) online, via the Harmony Family Access Portal:
- • Wednesday, July 13th and Friday July 15th: RMS open 7:30 AM-1:00 PM
RMS Teacher/Parent Communication Plan:
- • Parent will receive an email if their student has an “F” at each grade check from their homeroom teacher. • Parent will receive a phone call from classroom teacher if their student has earned an “F” at each grade check. • End of 1st 9 weeks-Student meeting with grade level team for any “F”’s.
- • 2nd 9 weeks midterm- Parent/Student meeting with grade level team for students who have multiple “F”’s. • Alternate academic plans discussed with team for students who have multiple “F”’s at end of 1st semester and end of 3rd 9 weeks.
RMS Picture Day 2021:
▪ Thursday, August 11th, 2022 (School Pictures)
▪ Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 (Fall Athletic Pictures)
Drop off and pick up parking lot maps:
Champions Together Video Spotlight
- Girls on the run forms are still available in the office.
- Students as more sports are starting practice, please remember that you need to have a physical turned into the office. You will also need to complete final forms. If you have any questions about these things please see Ms. Luhnow in the office. If you need a physical packet, please come to the office to get one.
- "Attention all 5th, 6th, and 7th graders: Auditions for the RHS/RMS spring musical, The Wizard of Oz, will be Tuesday, January 17. There will be a call-out meeting this Thursday, January 12 during Homeroom for all middle schoolers interested in auditioning."
- Attention Fifth and Sixth Grade Girls.......Psi Iota Xi is presenting Light up the Night, Daddy-Daughter GLOW Dance on Saturday, February 18th from 6:00-8:00 PM at the Fulton Community Center. Tickets are $15 per guest. Dress is formal attire (we will provide the glow). See Mrs. Leininger, Mrs. Schoen, or Mrs. Wachtmann for tickets.
Lunch: mini corn dogs, bbq rib w/bun, potato wedges, broccoli and cauliflower, sliced peaches
Athletics: 7/8 BB w/Valley @5p
In student-centered, academically challenging environments that cultivate character, celebrate learning and foster collaboration, the staff, families and greater community of the Rochester Community Schools Corporation, as partners, will develop creative, lifelong learners with the skills and enthusiasm to be contributing members of society to shape a changing world.
Rochester Community Schools"¦inspiring individuals to learn, grow, and give.
The Rochester Educational Community is committed to the modeling and development of the following student traits:
- Motivation to learn at the highest level
- Good work ethic
- Respect for self, others, and property
- Compassion and caring
- Responsibility, reliability, and accountability
- Ability to work with and get along with others
- Appreciation of diversity
- Ability to set goals, make good choices, and solve problems
- Willingness to give to community and be a good citizen
- Honesty and integrity
- Critical thinking and creativity
This is a new App offered by Canvas. After you have downloaded the App you will need to create an Account. Once the account is created please use Zebras.instructure.com as the institution.
Tweets by RMSZebras